News Ticker
  • Important
  • Read rules!
  • Introduce yourself!

There are some technical difficulties with website since the past few days. We are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
VideoGamer

[VideoGamer] Review: Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles review

Review: Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles review

Fun for all the family, as long as you have one.                            We've got to the point that several successive gaming generations have grown up and started spawning, and for many sharing their favourite hobby with said spawn presents a problem. So if you're one of those people who asks questions of gaming podcasts like 'I want to play games with my young kids, but not enough to trade in my PS4 for a Nintendo console, what games are there that are suitable?' then please accept Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles as a new answer. Yonder is somewhere between a kind of 3D Stardew Valley and My First Skyrim, with a dash of Breath of the Wild Ages 4 and Up Playmobil set. It's set in Gemea, a soothingly lovely and usefully compact open world where nothing dies and there's no violence, just vaguely threatening dark clouds of 'Murk' that bar your path occasionally. These you can clear with the help of little sprites that you find dotted around the map, hidden at shrines that require an offering of two pairs of sunglasses, or in a swampy crossroad awaiting some nice-smelling flowers.Even the character customisation, which is basic on the starting screen and is mostly carried out by adding new things to your person as you adventure, has a childlike simplicity of logic to it. I found a beard, I wanted to wear the beard, so my avatar has a great big bushy beard. Later, she found a rainbow hair dye, and now she has a rainbow-coloured bushy beard.Read More »

Source:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of Use