News Ticker
  • Important
  • Read rules!
  • Introduce yourself!

There are some technical difficulties with website since the past few days. We are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
IGN

[IGN] How Thief Inspired Warren Spector to Create Deus Ex

How Thief Inspired Warren Spector to Create Deus Ex

Thanks to the team's dedication to making Thief strictly a stealth game, Warren Spector was inspired to make Deus Ex.      Thief was instrumental in the creation of Deus Ex, and Warren Spector has come forward to reveal how Looking Glass Studios' first-person stealth title inspired the creation of his beloved action role-playing game."That team was adamant about focusing on stealth to the exclusion of everything else," Spector said on the latest episode of our monthly interview show IGN Unfiltered, noting that "a lot of the reason Deus Ex exists is because of the stubbornness, the appropriate stubbornness, of the Thief team."According to Spector, it was the team's dedication to making Thief strictly a stealth game that inspired him to make Deus Ex. "There's a lot to the story of Deus Ex, but one of the things that really drove me was a moment when I was playing Thief in the early build, and I just was not good enough as a sneak thief to get past some guards," he said.Continue reading…

Source: How Thief Inspired Warren Spector to Create Deus Ex

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of Use