News Ticker
  • Important
  • Read rules!
  • Introduce yourself!

There are some technical difficulties with website since the past few days. We are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
IGN

[IGN] Metal Gear Survive Doesn't Understand the Series' Strengths

Metal Gear Survive Doesn't Understand the Series' Strengths

The Metal Gear spin-off fails to put the Fox Engine to good use with its zombie-themed "survival action."      No one really asked for Metal Gear Survive. The base-building, wave-based co-op survival game is a major departure from the tactical espionage action that has earned the series such critical acclaim over the years, and without a riveting story directed by Hideo Kojima and team’s unique brand of weird, it just doesn’t feel right. But even with my fangirl gripes, my 30 minute session with this odd spin-off’s four-player co-op wasn’t as bad as I feared it would be — it just wasn't very interesting.This admittedly early build still felt a little unbalanced and stiff, but the squad dynamic and loadout customization have the potential to create some fun multiplayer moments. I just can’t shake the feeling that other Metal Gear games, including Metal Gear Online, have already nailed most of these same elements, but better.Continue reading…

Source: Metal Gear Survive Doesn't Understand the Series' Strengths

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of Use